Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Compelling Story


Music and drama; that about sums me up. 

I am writing this blog with the intent of showcasing the life of an artist.  The strife and struggle we go through to create our art – a situation that I consider an unfortunate necessity.  I can’t speak for other artists, but I know for myself creating is something I cannot escape.  I yearn for it.  Most of the time this means telling a compelling story, and yes, I do believe every artist, composer, dancer, etc., is telling a story – even if that story is about nothing other than the way a dominant chord ultimately moves to an implied tonic. I digress.

My point is that artists lead an unusual lifestyle.  We tend to have multiple jobs – none of which feature a nine-to-five schedule, and, ironically enough, half of which actually provide income for sustenance. We think, meander, ponder, argue, and love in ways that most consider either exciting or just plain weird, and I want to share an insider’s perspective of this experience with you.

I don’t know how often I’ll write, though I will try to keep it consistent.  One thing I can tell you from the get-go, though, is that most artists are prone to flights of fancy; hence, I can’t promise anything with this blog other than an exploration of music and drama.  So add me to your RSS reader, and check back often.  Until then, I’m off to create.

-E

PS - check out my website at http://erinhuelskamp.com/

1 comment:

  1. well,i was going to shut down my laptop but suddenly i saw this page...i unintentionally read out this and have much interest in it ...it shows the struggle of such a nice person...i really appreciate of its work...good job keep it up

    ReplyDelete